Web designer and front end developer experienced in the strategy, design and build of fresh and engaging user experiences.
Since receiving a Bachelor of Design in 2003 Caroline has worked in Wellington, London, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and now Lisbon with businesses and organisations of all shapes and sizes.
Combining artistic flair with her solid and varied experience and technical understanding Caroline takes projects from concept to completion, working independently or alongside other web and design professionals. She strives for simplicity, originality and impact in her work, always keeping the balance between creativity and function.
Get in touch to discuss how Caroline can help you create or strengthen your online presence.
- Website & e-commerce design & development
- Bespoke WordPress, WooCommerce and Shopify themes
- Designing with brand perception and user experience in mind
- Tailored for mobile devices with responsive layouts that adjust to fit any device or screen size
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) friendly and speed optimised code
- HTML email design & development
- Logo / identity design
- Web design consultancy
- Sharing insights on brand positioning and design direction for the web
- Technical and user experience considerations
- Online marketing ideas, bringing together web, email and social media
- Design – formally trained to Bachelor level
- Project management, honed through working as an independent freelancer
- Articulate and inclusive communicator, able to strip out the jargon
- A native English speaker, also fluent in Brazilian Portuguese
Freelance Designer, Developer and Consultant
Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Lisbon, April 2010 – present
Web Designer, Shelter
London, Jun 2009 – March 2010
Shelter is a well-respected UK housing and homelessness charity. At Shelter Caroline created housing advice, campaign and fundraising pages on shelter.org.uk as well as designing microsites, flash banners and HTML emails supporting their work.
Web Designer, Greenbee of the John Lewis Partnership
London, Feb 2008 – Feb 2009
Alongside a complete redesign of the Greenbee site, including their award-winning travel pages, Caroline produced HTML emails and print marketing and designed the John Lewis Partnership wedding blog.
Web Designer, Evans of Arcadia Group
London, Jun 2007 – Oct 2007
As Web Designer for clothing label Evans of Arcadia Group, evans.co.uk, Caroline’s responsibilities included laying out the email newsletter and home and fashion feature pages each week, as well as designing web banners, online catalogues and the launch issue of the Evans Online Magazine.
Graphic Designer, Your London
London, Sep 2005 – Dec 2006
As Graphic Designer for Your London Portal, a starting point for access to all London public and community services, Caroline worked on accessible web pages and produced marketing material such as flash movies and email newsletters.
Junior Designer, Redley
Rio de Janeiro, Jan 2005 – April 2005
Created clothing graphics for the Brazilian surf label Redley‘s Summer Collection of 05/06.
Wellington, Jul 2003 – Dec 2004
Bachelor of Design
Massey University, Wellington, N.Z., 2003
Major: Computer Graphics
Bursary / University Entrance
Sacred Heart College, Napier, N.Z., 1998
Proxime Accesit (Runner up Dux)